SQAI is a professional company dedicated to provide high quality technical services in the field of indoor air quality, based on deep knowledge, long experience and a strong belief in the right of every one to healthy indoor air.
Wafa Sakr is a civil engineer by training and holds a Ph.D in indoor air quality. She has 26 years of experience in environmental engineering in the fields concerned with water and with air. Over the last 15 years, she worked as a researcher in the field of indoor air quality at different places: Danish Building Research Institute in Denmark, Technical University of Denmark, Concordia University in Montreal, Canada and Cornell University in New York. The results of the research conducted at these institutions have been published in peer reviewed journals and presented in several conferences around the world.
Her main fields of experience are related to the investigation of indoor air quality, identification of pollution sources, measurement and sampling of various pollutants that could be found in indoor environment as well as providing recommendation and appropriate solutions to improve the quality of the air indoors. For five years, she worked as the engineer responsible for the air quality and environmental hygiene expertise at Dessau Inc.
Ms. Sakr is a member of Ordre des Ingénieurs du Quebec as well as American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Quebec association for hygiene, health and work security (AQHSST) and International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ).
Peer reviewed articles
- SAKR, W. «L’impact de la ventilation sur la santé et la performance des occupants» Climapress, vol.25, numéro 2, Avril 2018. https://cetaf.qc.ca/climapresse/
- SAKR, W., WESCHLER, C. J., FANGER, P.O.(2006) “The Impact of Sorption on Perceived Indoor Air Quality,” Indoor Air Journal. vol.16, p.98-110.
- SAKR, W., KNUDSEN, H., GUNNARSEN, L., HAGHIGHAT, F. “Impact of varying area of polluting surface materials on perceived air quality”, Indoor Air Journal, vol. 13 (2), p. 86-91.
- HAGHIGHAT, F., SAKR, W., GUNNARSEN, L., VON GRÜNAU, M. “The impact of combinations of building materials and intermittent ventilation on perceived air quality”, ASHRAE Transactions 2001, Atlanta, vol.107, Part One, p. 821-835.
- SAKR, W. “Évaluer la qualité de l’air intérieur- Stratégie d’investigations” VECTEUR environnement, vol.42, numéro 4, September 2009.
- SAKR, W. « Qualité de l’air intérieur- Les bâtiments verts sont-ils réellement sains? » VECTEUR environnement, vol.42, numéro 5, November 2009.
- SAKR, W. «L’entretien Ménager- Effets négatifs sur la qualité de l’air intérieur» VECTEUR environnement, vol.43, numéro 1, January 2010.
Articles presented at conferences
- SAKR, W. «Indoor Air Quality- Is it measurable ? » (in French) AGPI, Octobre 2012.
- SAKR, W., WESCHLER, C. J., FANGER, P. O. “Sorptive interactions among building materials and their resultant impact on perceived indoor air quality.” Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Indoor Air quality and Climate, p. 1-5. Beijing, China, 2005.
- HEDGE, A., SAKR, W., ANGARWAL, A. “Thermal Effects on office productivity.” Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, p. 823-827. 49th annual meeting, 2005.
- HEDGE, A., SAKR, W. “Workplace effects on office productivity: A macroergonomic framework.” Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium of Human Factors in Organizational Design and Management, p. 75-80. Maui, Hawaii, 2005.
- SAKR, W.,HAGHIGHAT, F., GUNNARSEN, L.,VON GRUNAU, M.“The impact of building materials and their combinations on indoor air quality.” Proceedings of Healthy Building 2000, vol. 4, p. 79-84. Finland.
- GUNNARSEN, L., SAKR, W., VON GRUNAU, M. “The influence of nocturnal ventilation reduction on indoor air quality.” Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate, vol. 1, p. 1-6. Scotland.
- SAKR, W. « How to evaluate Indoor Air quality? » (in French) Colloque VisezVert de ASSS de Montréal 2008.
- SAKR, W. et BOILY,G. «Indoor Air Quality commissioning in health and social service buildings » (in French) SanTech 2009.
- SAKR, W. « Strategies to investigate indoor air quality » (in French) AGPI, December 2009.
- SAKR, W. « The air quality in indoor swimming pool- Who is responsible? (in French) Symposium ARAQ,November 2009.
- Sakr, W. “L’impact des combinaisons de matériaux de construction et de la ventilation intermittente sur la qualité de l’air intérieur.” Poster competition of the IRSST, Montreal, Canada, 2001.
- Sakr, W. “Impact of building materials, both seperate and together, on perceived indoor air quality.” Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, 2002.
“Perceived air quality.” Organized by the Technical University of Berlin and held at the Technical University of Denmark. Sakr, W. “Sensory assessment of the impact of stopping ventilation at night on daytime air quality”[/tab] [tab title=”Conferences”]
Organizing a symposium on Indoor Air Quality “Indoor Air Quality: Need or luxury?” in collaboration with Polytechnic school of Montréal, and performing a presentation on how to evaluate indoor air quality in buildings- February 5 -2008.[/tab] [/tabs]